I’m trying to picture my life without a seasonal capsule wardrobe, and I honestly don’t think I could ever move forward without one. The simplicity of it — a clean and well organized closet — makes me feel so much lighter and proud. And getting dressed in the morning is so much easier. I’m talking minimal thinking, and that equates to less stress.
And to add to that, I found an app that makes getting dressed even easier and takes all the guess work away. I’ve been using Cladwell, which boasts more outfits with fewer items, and waves goodbye to clutter.
WHAT IS CLADWELL + HOW IT WORKS
Cladwell is an app based program that analyzes your closet to create as many outfits as possible.
- Easily upload all your tops, bottoms, jackets, dresses, skirts, and shoes
- Upload either your entire closet, or create capsules, or weekend trips
- See all outfit possibilities!
- Log what you wear
- See the statistics on any item; how many times you’ve worn it, etc.
Pssst! Here’s a great introduction video that explains it really well, for those visual learners!
WHY I LOVE CLADWELL
- Cladwell takes the weather into consideration when planning your daily outfit.
- You can log your outfits to keep track of what you’ve worn
- It takes the thinking away with pairing items and layering
- If there’s one item in particular you want to wear, you can create outfits based around said item
- Shows you the percentage of items in your closet worn
- Gives you three daily options, all of which are customizable
Cladwell promises to give you back 15 minutes in the mornings. And I like that idea — mornings are mine, and I want every second of them. What would you do with fifteen extra minutes in the morning?
TWO WEEK EXPERIMENT
It took me all of 30 minutes to upload my closet, and believe it or not, with a 35 item closet, Cladwell created 1,583 outfits for me… OK, a lot of these are the same outfits with different shoes, but still! Over FIFTEEN HUNDRED outfits with 35 items. That’s bananas!
The beauty of a small wardrobe, is that less really is more.
For my little trial run, I decided to pick one of their three outfit suggestions — with zero editing — and photo it before leaving the house. Proving to you that their technology is actually pretty great at pairing together top notch outfits.
Full disclosure: I’ve been using Cladwell since October, but always found myself editing the outfits, or choosing what I wanted to wear and logging it instead. But for these two weeks, I did no such thing! In the two plus months I’ve been with Cladwell, only once did they pair up a questionable outfit… They paired up my maroon jeggings with tall tan boots — it looked a bit silly, so I simply swapped out the shoes!
You can also create multiple closets. So when you go on vacation, you’re able to create a ‘separate’ closet for it — allowing you to add in a few items which will then show you the combination of possibilities. And BOOM! Packing for a three-day weekend isn’t so overwhelming anymore, is it?
Cladwell has plans from $3.34 to $7.99 per month. If you’re interested in giving it a go check it out here. Using this link will give me ‘referral credit’ if you sign up, and I’d love you forever if you did so.